Your kitchen is one of the important areas in your home. This is where the cooking and gathering take place for a simple family dinner to a fun night with friends. And if you are thinking of remodeling your space, you need to have the best remodeling contractors who can help you build your dream kitchen from start to finish.
But before you go about jumping the gun and start to remodel, here are some simple tips for your kitchen renovation that you can use to create a warm and inviting space that is perfect for both cooking and socializing!
First on your list should be your budget
When you are planning to renovate your kitchen, be realistic about the cost. Large renovation projects often take up more time and money than you plan for, so it’s a good idea to aim for a conservative budget beneath your maximum budget to ensure you have extra funds. A good rule of thumb is to add another 10 to 20 percent for unplanned expenses.
Think about the layout of your kitchen
Your kitchen needs to be functional and practical. Think of how you use your current kitchen in order for you to identify your priorities for the space. What actually works and what doesn’t? Think of the layout and think about what works best for your kitchen renovation.
Try using the classic work triangle method. Arrange the refrigerator, sink and stove in a triangular pattern. Because this actually minimizes the walking distance between the three most important things in your kitchen.
Plan Your Kitchen Space
You need to have your things laid out for your convenience, and a good contractor can help you with that and also lay it out to ensure proper safety.
Remember these things when you are mapping out your space:
- Counters – plan to have a counter space for food preparation.
- Appliances – make sure to leave adequate floor space in front of appliances so the doors can be opened and you can still walk in front of them. You also need to take note of the direction and depth of swinging doors like your refrigerator.
- Walkways – leave enough room for traffic flow.
- Seating – when a countertop or island doubles as a seating area, allow a wide space per diner to make it comfortable. Allow a few inches of clearance behicnd the chairs and stool. If there is a walkway behind the diner, allow a few inches like 44-60 inches in the kitchen layout for comfortable passage.
- Materials and storage – purchase materials that are easy to clean and also durable that can withstand the wear and tear of time.
- Lighting and Ventilation – A kitchen must have at least one wall-switch controlled light, with the switch placed at the entrance. At least eight percent of the total square footage of the kitchen must be windows or skylights. For all cooking surface appliances, install a ventilation system with an exhaust.
Meet with a professional
You have the basic knowledge and a picture of what you want your kitchen to look like. It is time to meet with a professional. It can be difficult to find the right contractor, but you can also ask your friends or relatives for a referral. Each has its pros and cons so consider everything before deciding what route to take. Remember, always check their license and reputation before engaging and inviting them to your home.
Your kitchen is where the fun usually happens – cooking, bonding, chats over dinner or breakfast even lunch on weekends. So if you decide to remodel your kitchen, why not give Roy’s Builders and Remodeling a call? They are dedicated to providing you with expert advice and quality kitchen renovation workmanship. They are licensed, fully insured and will be with you every step of the way for any design project that you require.
Roy’s Builders and Remodeling is a full-range construction company that specializes in residential remodels like bathroom and kitchen remodeling. They cover all aspects of the building, including bathrooms or kitchens, additions on your property if needed, floors, granite, countertops, and tiles. They offer free consultation and once you have engaged their services, they will meet with you to finalize the labor proposal and the scope of the project and we guarantee there are no surprises later down the line.
From renovations to simple updates, they can handle it! No job is too small or too big for them and they guarantee superior customer experience and satisfaction!
So give us a call and let’s make your dream kitchen into a reality!